This 2 day practical course will take you on a journey through the anatomy, biomechanics & treatment of the thoracic spine and thoracic cage, and cervical spine including assessment of rib ring disorders to determine articular vs myo-fascial drivers.
A biomechanical framework is used to introduce comprehensive assessment & treatment techniques for the cervical and thoracic spine, costo-transverse joints, acromio-clavicular and sterno-clavicular joints. Application of muscle energy techniques and articular techniques are practiced and then integrated into balancing rib ring mobility. You will also be introduced to specific myo-fascial techniques for the neck and thorax
- Review anatomy and biomechanics of the thoracic spine and thoracic cage, and cervical spine
- Apply a biomechanical model in order to define dysfunction in the thoracic region and cervical spine
- Present a biomechanical framework as a basis for assessment of articular and muscular function in the cervical spine, thoracic spine, and rib cage
- Provide practical sessions during which muscle energy and articular techniques are applied to specific Musculo-skeletal dysfunctions of the thoracic spine, and cervical spine.
- provide practical sessions to learn MET treatment of rib dysfunctions including subluxed or fixated ribs versus myofascial rib ring release techniques
- learn Muscle Energy Techniques for UPPER (0-C1, C1/C2) and lower cervical spine
- Consider and practice MET treatment of the Sterno-Clavicular and Acromio-Clavicular joints.
- Discuss and provide practical application of exercise prescription for stabilization of the cervico- thoracic region
AMTA Sydney 2020 Schedule:
Sydney: Saturday 20- Sunday 21 June 2020
Sign in and registration at the course: 8.45am Saturday
Course times: 9am to 5.00pm course schedule on Saturday & Sunday
Venue: Adina Apartment Hotel Surry Hills
Address: 359 Crown Street, Surry Hills
TEL: 02 8302 1000
Booking Accommodation: This hotel will provide a 10% discount on their scheduled rates if you let them know that you are attending this AMTA course and the course dates. BOOK ONLINE @ tfehotels.com/adinahotelsor call TOGA Reservations:+61 2 9356 5062
More details will be provided with course confirmation after registration and payment has been received.
PRINT THIS PAGE