Terms & Conditions
1. Ownership: All content (including but not limited to: photographs, animation, video or slides, text and narrative), created by or for AMTA, on this web site ('Website Content')remains the sole property of and is copyright protected by AMTA where necessary and AMTA claim moral rights of authorship over its content.
3. Webinars: It is a condition precedent of attending, downloading, sharing or streaming any and all AMTA webinars that attendees and Users are required to agree to, and acknowledge an understanding of and by bound by, these Terms & Conditions.
7. Course refunds: Refunds for cancellation or transfer of course attendance prior to course date is available, however a cancellation or transfer fee does apply to all AMTA Ltd courses. This applies to all cancellations, including those due to medical (including pregnancy), personal or family reasons. Please read our cancelation policy for full details.
8. Attendance pre-requisites: All participants at AMTA courses must have current registration as a: Physiotherapist, Osteopath, Chiropractor, Podiatrist or Medical Practitioner. Each participant must, at the time of attending the course and for its duration, have their own current and valid Public Liability (of at $10m) and professional indemnity insurances. By registering for an AMTA course, each participant agrees they fulfil these Terms and Conditions and agrees they have read, and agree to abide by the terms of the Disclaimer written below:
a. You acknowledge and agree that despite your attendance and participation in an ATMA course, you are to hold AMTA, its directors, staff, agents and contractors and its representatives ('Representatives') not liable for and harmless from litigation or other proceedings for any injury, accident or undesirable effect that may occur at a course venue, from use of equipment, and/or from other attendees attending or participating at a course. Such exclusion from liability includes, but is not limited to, faulty elevators, slippery stairs or walkways, falling light fixtures, breaking chairs, breaking therabands, and/or collapsing tables.
b. Equipment use waiver: If you are more comfortable bringing your own equipment, including a treatment table, you are welcomed and encouraged to do so. However, AMTA and its representatives are also not liable for any injury, accident or undesirable effect that may occur due to any equipment be it yours or that of another participant may bring in. This is to include, but is not limited to, a treatment table that may be shared or be the cause of an accident or injury.
c. Behaviour waiver: It is also agreed that AMTA and its Representatives are held not liable for any inappropriate behaviour or actions by any persons encountered at the seminar. This is to include, but is not limited to, hotel or meeting-site staff, other participants, teaching assistants and AMTA Representatives. If you encounter any inappropriate behaviour, please notify the instructor or facilitator immediately. If this is not possible, please contact the AMTA office directly.
d. Injury waiver: You accept that some courses have a practical component to them which if applied inappropriately may involve elements of risk or discomfort. By agreeing to these terms and conditions you take personal responsibility for your own actions. AMTA takes no responsibility for damage, death or injury caused to you or by you as a result of participation. AMTA takes no responsibility for the use of any material or skills with any future patients following completion of your course.
e. Relevance and competence: You must at all times work within your own ability and scope of practice. It is your responsibility to ensure you meet the criteria for attending the course in person or by webinar. We reserve the right to refuse your acceptance on a course if we feel it is outside your scope of practice and may put other participants at risk or injury or discomfort.
f. Insurance: It is your responsibility to ensure you have professional liability insurance to cover you for your attendance at the course. We reserve the right to refuse entry to a course (or remove you from a course) if you cannot demonstrate you have appropriate liability insurance.
g. Qualifications: It is your responsibility to ensure you have professional liability insurance to cover you for your attendance at the course and the course content and that you meet the criteria for attending the course. We reserve the right to refuse entry to a course (or remove you from a course) if you cannot demonstrate you have appropriate experience or you do not have the qualifications required to attend (e.g Physiotherapist, Chiropractor, Osteopath, Sports Doctor or medical practitioner).
h. Physical competence: You must be physically able to partake in the course and if you do have any injuries, discomfort or prior knowledge that is relevant to any activities being performed it is your responsibility to make those known. We reserve the right to remove any person from a course if their behaviour is deemed by the lecturer/tutor to be detrimental to the group, unsafe or adversely affecting the groups' enjoyment. We will not be liable for any refund in these circumstances.
i. Social embarrassment: There may be an element of undressing as part of the practical components of courses. Please wear loose, comfortable clothing for participation in practical components where undressing is not required. Please be prepared to advise the course presenter of any social embarrassment about undressing, to the extent it may be required or sought from participants.
10. Payment: We are unable to hold places for people without payment. Your place on a course is only confirmed with full payment for a course by an employer, Hospital, or government body must be received before your place on a course can be confirmed. We cannot hold places for attendants while payment is being organized, for more than 7 days from booking.
11. Banking Administration fee: This banking administration fee is additional to and added to each participants’ on line payment at the time of payment and reflects the fee charged to AMTA to service your online payment.
12. Students are not able to attend any of our courses until you have completed your studies, and are registered with AHPRA. This includes Australian and international students.Remedial massage therapists are not eligible for registration any courses run by Advanced Manual Therapy Associates.
13. Overseas practitioners: Physiotherapists, chiropractors, osteopaths, podiatrists and Medical Practitioners from countries other than Australia are eligible to attend the courses, however we recommend you obtain professional indemnity insurance specifically stating you are covered to treat other participants of the course in Australia, for the dates of the course.
14. Waiting Lists: Interested participants may place themselves on a waiting list if a course is full by emailing their contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org. If a space becomes available on a course, AMTA will email the first person on the waiting list and allow 24 hours before contacting the next person on the waiting list. We reserve the right to remove any person/s from any waiting list in accordance with the above policy.
15. Complaints: Should you have a problem or complaint on your course you must bring it to the attention of our staff as soon as possible and we will try to rectify the problem. If you feel that the problem was not resolved and resulted in a much reduced enjoyment of the course you must inform AMTA in writing within 28 days and we will respond within 28 days in an attempt to resolve the matter to the satisfaction of both parties.
16. Cancellation by AMTA:
a. AMTA will endeavour to run all advertised courses. If circumstances occur that force us to choose to cancel an event, you will receive a refund equal to the course fee (minus bank charges) or receive a credit to transfer towards another course on another date. Whichever is preferable to you.
b. AMTA aims to provide a minimum of 2 week's notice. However, there may be exceptional circumstances outside of AMTA's control such as war, riot, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions or illness that creates less notice to change or a reason cancel a course.
c. AMTA is not liable to refund you for a course or pay you any compensation or be liable for any other expenses to you (e.g. travel expenses and accommodation) through cancelling the event.
d. If you have booked on a course with AMTA and you do not meet the course pre-requisites (e.g required profession, professional registration and insurance requirements or previous training requirements (e.g attending Level 1 Treatment of the Pelvis course prior to the level 2 course) then you will be removed from the course and nil refund will be provided, so please ensure that the course requirements are met prior to enrolment on the course. AMTA will not be liable for any additional expenses associated with removing you from the event e.g travel and accommodation expenses.
a. You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain un-authorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately
b. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Crimes Act 1900 NSW. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them.
c. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.